POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Backward Forward Raytracing(?) : Re: Backward Forward Raytracing(?) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Backward Forward Raytracing(?)
From: triple r
Date: 11 Apr 2008 13:20:00
Message: <web.47ff9d40604c5254ae42298f0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> I think this is very nice (cute dog too). Still a bit too grainy, but OTOH,
> that adds some character too, like an old black and white photograph.
>
> Thomas

Yes, the graininess is just a testament to my impatience as it only took a
couple hours to render.  I don't know how to add colors without a more
substantial patch.   But I'm curious to know:  is this path tracing?  As I
said, I just replaced the usual specular reflection with a random diffuse
reflection.  The only lighting in the scene is a sky_sphere outside and a touch
of ambient on the blinds.  Everything else is just a reflection.  If it is path
tracing, then I didn't realize it was so simple.  If not, then it's at least a
nice effect.

 - Ricky