POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Self explanatory : Re: Self explanatory Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Self explanatory
From: alphaQuad
Date: 11 Apr 2008 13:05:01
Message: <web.47ff98fb115632e3e9b62e540@news.povray.org>
"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> -22d 48.33m
> Dec: -21.81

> Floor rounds up?
> fix: floor(dec-mod(dec,1.0))

> floor(A) Floor of A. Returns the largest integer less than A. Rounds down to the
> next lower integer.

Including down for negative numbers then,

Modulus gives a negative remainder and adds it, for same as positive value.

My round function rounds up for negative values and down for positive,
but floor rounds down for negative numbers it seems to me. So no floor does NOT
round up in ANY case, heh.

Just thought that was needed, since no one noticed.
Nuthin worse than expecting greatness and getting, WTH?

The word round should be nowhere near the floor description. It should be just
the integer, pos or neg, IMO.

Another logic hurdle melts.

abs(negative) must equal positive. where floor() can get in the way of such
logic.