POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : In interesting phenominon : Re: In interesting phenominon Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In interesting phenominon
From: Chambers
Date: 9 Apr 2008 12:55:01
Message: <web.47fcf42daa9c4e2e261d9700@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> >> Now go to Wikipedia, and you'll find that, apparently, no such substance
> >> exists.
> >
> >   There are probably millions and millions of chemicals used by the
> > industry. Wikipedia can't list them all.
>
> If I'd picked something obscure, I wouldn't be surprised at all. But I
> picked something fairly widely known. When you consider how rare gold
> compounds are, I thought it would be at least *briefly* mentioned
> somewhere... ho hum.

If Wikipedia insists on deleting pages about the Everywhere girl, claiming she
is not culturally significant, what makes you think that gold potassium cyanide
*does* deserve a page?

(Of course, these are the same people who will write hundreds or thousands of
pages on comic book minutia, so I don't think we can trust their judgement on
what is "culturally significant").

....Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com