POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A bit of greenery : Re: A bit of greenery Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A bit of greenery
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 9 Apr 2008 12:30:01
Message: <web.47fced44f86d0881b555cae70@news.povray.org>
"Andris R" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> First post and first larger povray image
> I can not get rid of several dark spots no mater how ambient and diffuse in
> finish are changed.
>
> Leaf is done in wings and so is the grass stem, the rest is povray

Very nice!  I don't see any mischievous dark spots, myself.  I would suggest
that the realism could be quite improved if you used radiosity and turned off
ambient lighting (as has already been suggested).  Just be prepared for 10x the
render time, but it'll be worth it.

For outdoor scenes, I usually boost the sunlight strength to 3 or beyond (rgb
<1,.9,.5>*3).  Also, try adding double_illuminate to your leaf texture.

I look forward to your next post!