POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Self explanatory : Re: Self explanatory Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:29:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Self explanatory
From: alphaQuad
Date: 8 Apr 2008 11:15:01
Message: <web.47fb8b32115632e3970752e90@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> alphaQuad nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/04/06 21:55:
> > more than just raw guts now

> Nice, but the straight, sharp edge of the "milky way" is bothering me. It should
> be prety irregular, more gradual, somewhat fluffy.
>
> --
> Alain
> When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall
> become as corrupt as Europe.
> Thomas Jefferson

Had much difficulty with the text, basically if I stayed away from transform
matrix and rotated a ra and dec, it was much better. But close up on 200 km
rocks with large translations, it was either gone or blurred, settled for
readable blur.

Done:

Set cam view by object name
Access multiple catalog arrays incrementally
Select percent flare and glow stars

Fix Milky way-basically the map has a hard line. Layered out some darker colors;
75 out of 255 in PSP layer properties

The only thing that seems to be wrong with atmosphere now is that it might take
days to render one.

Wonder what might happen if someone with more pov experience than I jumped on
this.

Colors are very faded from jpg compression here. I am seeing more color than
this.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'planetarium3.jpg' (164 KB)