POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Weathered objects : Re: Weathered objects Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weathered objects
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 7 Apr 2008 10:30:03
Message: <web.47fa2f03884bb0eb731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sven [] jamaica-focus [] com> wrote:
> Your weathered macro is wickedly great! I just love it
> spontaneously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Argh! Punctuation overdose!

> Please notify me as soon as you publish it!!!!!

I will.

Actually, it's taking a little longer than I thought, mainly because of the
preferential edge-weathering option. The technique previously described works
OK when detecting the actual edges, but less so when applying the weathering.
The edge region ends up bounded by dead straight lines and it just doesn't look
right. I'm going to try one more approach (similar, yet different!) tonight then
I'll get back to tidying and finishing up the thing to be posted later in the
week.

:)