POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lamp : Re: Lamp Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:15:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lamp
From: triple r
Date: 6 Apr 2008 14:50:00
Message: <web.47f91b4ed70e611bae42298f0@news.povray.org>
> I think if it's close enough you say "That's the Pixar lamp", then
> you're infringing. If you took the ball out, it probably wouldn't
> infringe.  If you made it hop around even without the ball, it probably
> would.

Sigh.  Just to be sure, I should say that the logo in question is a trademark of
Pixar and I hold on copyright to the work.  Of course I should not post the
source either then.

I think this is the reason I didn't post the work a few years back and perhaps I
should not have posted it now.  Have I just opened myself up to litigation?
Should the image be removed?  I hate to overreact since I know it will fade
away into POV-Ray post oblivion within a few days, but it will never disappear.
 The age of copyright law is a frustrating one.

 - Ricky