POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Challenging radiosity : Re: Challenging radiosity Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:26:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Challenging radiosity
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 4 Apr 2008 08:30:01
Message: <web.47f62ccbfe9c4eea731f01d10@news.povray.org>
As others have said it's a beautiful render, and I would never have thought the
artifacts were such if you hadn't said so.

> Sorry.  Of course.  Here are the settings for the high quality render:
>
> radiosity {
>   normal off
>   count 300
>   recursion_limit 2
>   error_bound 0.35
>   pretrace_start 0.08
>   pretrace_end 0.02
> }

I would definitely try lowering pretrace_end, and maybe an error_bound of 0.2 or
0.1. Also, make sure minimum_reuse is nice and small too - the default is 0.015
but you could try 0.01 or 0.005. All of this will slow the render
significantly, but I have found it effective (although every radiosity scene is
different). You may also need to raise count a little too but see how it goes.

Bill