POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Challenging radiosity : Re: Challenging radiosity Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Challenging radiosity
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 4 Apr 2008 08:20:01
Message: <web.47f62a8efe9c4eea5a8888d90@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <rre### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I have to confess I cheated.  This is a combination of two renders.  The low
> quality render has fewer artifacts on the blinds because it just smoothes them
> over, but lots of artifacts around the ceiling.  The higher quality render cuts
> down on artifacts around the ceiling, but causes a lot of artifacts on the
> blinds.  I went all the way up to count=1600 without any improvement.  Wherever
> there's a gap there are a lot of artifacts.  Does this mean I have not balanced
> count and error_bound correctly, or does anyone have other ideas on how I might
> improve or fake the rendering quality?  Either way, my tip for the day?  Stay
> away from blinds.
>
>  - Ricky

First, that's a very nice image.  Congratulations however you made it.

I, cannot, however endorse your admonition to stay away from blinds. Our very
survival depends on window blinds.  Without them, it would be curtains for
everyone!  ;-)

(I'd say I was sorry for the horrid pun, but I don't think anyone would believe
me
at this point.)

Best Regards,
Mike C.