POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Challenging radiosity : Re: Challenging radiosity Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Challenging radiosity
From: triple r
Date: 4 Apr 2008 08:10:01
Message: <web.47f62829fe9c4eeaae42298f0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> we should need to see your radiosity settings...

Sorry.  Of course.  Here are the settings for the high quality render:

radiosity {
  normal off
  count 300
  recursion_limit 2
  error_bound 0.35
  pretrace_start 0.08
  pretrace_end 0.02
}

This gives a lot of artifacts.  If I decrease the count to 50 and increase the
error_bound to 0.5, it looks better, but the detail disappears.  That also
increases artifacts around the corners of the walls.  Tried max_sample, but in
reading over the radiosity docs, perhaps I need a lower pretrace_start?

 - Ricky