POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why is the music industry so privileged? : Re: Why is the music industry so privileged? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:30:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is the music industry so privileged?
From: gregjohn
Date: 1 Apr 2008 19:55:01
Message: <web.47f2d7f06943d42f34d207310@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Warp wrote:
> >   My question is why. Why is the music industry specifically so privileged?
>
> Because they have friends in the legislature.
>
> Regards,
> John

They can tap into natural sympathies on both sides of the aisle.  On one hand,
Barbara Streisand and Hollywood are in bed with the Democrats. On the other
side of the aisle, they can appeal to some Republican sentiments if the
controversy is painted as using the Big Stick of government to swat unwashed
college students who steal private property from big business.