POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Real Clouds with Real Problems : Real Clouds with Real Problems Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Real Clouds with Real Problems
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 28 Mar 2008 20:00:00
Message: <web.47ed93dc85732dceb555cae70@news.povray.org>
So I'm continuing on my acquaintance with media.  I have this scene where I have
a large sphere with sparse media which acts as atmosphere.  Then, I add an oval
which contains much denser media in order to make a cloud (which is within the
large sphere, of course).  I'm happy with the results of either media when used
independently, but in this picture you can clearly see the outline of the oval,
as if the oval cancels the other media with its own.  Can someone help me with
this?

My current solution is to define everything as a function, and then simply add
the functions together and just have one object with a complicated media
definition.  This works, but with the downside that I have to used more samples
on *everything* rather than just on the clouds which need the greater
definition.  This slows the render considerably.

(The samples are not turned up very high in this render, by the way)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'hftester02.png' (204 KB)

Preview of image 'hftester02.png'