POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing with Photons : Re: Playing with Photons Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing with Photons
From: Kenneth
Date: 28 Mar 2008 13:40:00
Message: <web.47ed38cef97379d78dcad930@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:

> See my message with solution, lower down.... :-)
>
> Thomas

Yes, you were absolutely right! (Alain has mentioned the same, in other recent
posts.) *Had* to do some rigorous tests of my own, though, digging deep, just
to set my mind at ease. :-)

It's definitely a strange situation, adding that extra green sphere. It has to
be some kind of deeply-hidden bug. In the isosurface code? The object media
code? Some other mysterious thing??

Up until now, I had thought that max_trace and all_intersections only had an
effect when there was CSG with the isosurface. I guess that just ain't so! A
very useful discovery.

Ken W.