POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing with Photons : Re: Playing with Photons Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:22:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing with Photons
From: Kenneth
Date: 22 Mar 2008 01:20:01
Message: <web.47e4a34cf97379d78dcad930@news.povray.org>
I ran some test images, to see what might be going on.

Running your code the first time, POV's messages returned an isosurface
max_gradient of 57(!). So I upped it to 60, just to add a little bit of
"headroom." I also added global{max_trace_level 25}, as the "water box" light
reflections were going way past your default value of 5.

Once that was done, I ran the basic scene with radiosity, but no media or
photons--just to make sure that the isosurface was solid. (I upped the
radiosity brightness to 3.5, to show better detail.) Here's the result--quite
nice, just by itself!!  I feel like I'm actually standing there
within the sandstone chasm. You've done a really nice job with
the isosurface, the texture and the lighting.

So far, no problems (as you mentioned.)

I'll post another image, using photons only.

Ken W.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'newsgroup_rad_scene_1.jpg' (102 KB)

Preview of image 'newsgroup_rad_scene_1.jpg'
newsgroup_rad_scene_1.jpg