POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : any ideas what these black patches are.. : Re: any ideas what these black patches are.. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: any ideas what these black patches are..
From: Kenneth
Date: 20 Mar 2008 08:10:00
Message: <web.47e2610dd387c88678dcad930@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> Eero Ahonen <aer### [at] removethiszbxtnetinvalid> wrote:

> > Start XP with /3GB -switch and it'll be able to allocate 3G for one process.
> >
> > --
> > Eero "Aero" Ahonen
> >     http://www.zbxt.net
> >        aer### [at] removethiszbxtnetinvalid
>
> Thanks Eero,
>
> I will add this to my list of things to try.
>
> Sean

That's a really interesting work-around to the 2GB limit, that I didn't even
know about until this post. Thanks.

In researching this, the Microsoft website doesn't specifically mention that it
will work with Windows XP Home Edition SP2 (which is what I use.) They list
others, but not this particular version of the OS. But hey, it's worth a try.

Now, if I could only figure out what a /3GB-switch is and how to implement it...

Ken