POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tessellations : Re: Tessellations Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:27:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tessellations
From: Russell Towle
Date: 19 Mar 2008 08:50:01
Message: <web.47e1196054e7baae7fa641940@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> > Using an array of textures is not difficult:
>
> #include "colors.inc"
> #include "arrays.inc"
>
> #declare color_list = array[100] {Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Cyan, Magenta,
>    Very_Light_Purple };
>
> #declare S = seed(1);
> object {
>    Foo
>    pigment {Rand_Array_Item(color_list, S)}
> }

I see, thank you, that would work very well. I think what I imagined was exactly
like that except I hoped that the long list of predefined colors in colors.inc
existed as a string or array already so I would not have to copy and paste into
my own array declaration.

Your method above is much the same as I use for these tilings in Mathematica,
for I have fallen into the habit of sorting the tiles by surface area into
subsets, and sometimes there are very many of them. These colors help eke out
the symmetries of the tiling, or possibly, the lack of symmetries.