POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : any ideas what these black patches are.. : Re: any ideas what these black patches are.. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: any ideas what these black patches are..
From: s day
Date: 17 Mar 2008 07:25:00
Message: <web.47de6242d387c8867eb3d110@news.povray.org>
The mystery deepens.. The machine I was running this render on crashed over the
weekend (not sure of the reason for the crash), but it had (just) done enough
of the render to see that the patches were still present (and may have been
even worse).

This was with the following radiosity settings:

    pretrace_start 0.08
    pretrace_end   0.01
    count 1000
    nearest_count 20
    error_bound 0.2
    recursion_limit 4
    low_error_factor .9
    gray_threshold 0
    minimum_reuse 0.015
    brightness 0.8
    adc_bailout 0.01/2

I am now wondering if this is a problem with the machine I am using for the
render (maybe a dodgy memory chip issue which would explain the crash), I think
I will try stripping the radiosity settings back to something really basic that
should not cause any issues (and will be much quicker) then see how that goes.

Sean

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'temp2.jpg' (6 KB)