POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : butterfly tunnel : Re: butterfly tunnel Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:13:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: butterfly tunnel
From: Russell Towle
Date: 14 Mar 2008 13:30:01
Message: <web.47dac3736058b50fd041265b0@news.povray.org>
"Dan Byers" <goofygraffix_at_geemail_dot_com> wrote:
> "Russell Towle" <rto### [at] inreachcom> wrote:
> > A single butterfly follows a spline curve through a marble tunnel.
>
> Why the spline curve?  Are you planning on animating the little guy??
>
> --
> Dan
> GoofyGraffix.com

Definitely, in fact the image is one frame from an animation. I have done a
number of animations which involve butterflies following spline curves. I
sometimes, as in this image, use a union of cylinders and spheres of some
suitable radius, following the spline curve, and subtract that union from a
large sphere or cube, creating a tunnel or tunnels leading in and out of the
sphere or cube. Then I fly the camera through the tunnels and often the camera
is following several objects. Perhaps one or more butterflies.

I have found tho that I must take care to have many many frames or else the
action happens too fast.

Hence, once again, I need a render farm.