POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : any ideas what these black patches are.. : Re: any ideas what these black patches are.. Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:12:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: any ideas what these black patches are..
From: s day
Date: 13 Mar 2008 12:10:00
Message: <web.47d95eead387c8867eb3d110@news.povray.org>
Wow! thanks for all the replies. It seems the general consensus is that this is
likely to be caused by the radiosity settings, I think I will try adjusting
these settings first (higher error_bound as suggested by Thomas and Kirk).

The scene does not have any isosurfaces (yet that will be after I collect the
radiosity data) otherwise this would have been a prime candidate as I have seen
these kind of problems with isosurfaces before.

The textures are very basic for this trace, no image maps etc..

No media in the scene to be causing any issues.

I will run some tests and let you know if it fixed the issue (don't hold your
breath even at low resolutions this is a slow render).

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Sean