POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : any ideas what these black patches are.. : Re: any ideas what these black patches are.. Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:09:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: any ideas what these black patches are..
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 13 Mar 2008 09:35:01
Message: <web.47d93acad387c886a5d4a01d0@news.povray.org>
>     pretrace_start 0.08
>     pretrace_end   0.01
>     count 500
>     nearest_count 20
>     error_bound 0.08
>     recursion_limit 4
>     low_error_factor .9
>     gray_threshold 0
>     minimum_reuse 0.015
>     brightness 0.8
>     adc_bailout 0.01/2
>     save_file "museum.rad"

I find that if the surfaces in my scene have a bit of texture, I can get by with
much lower count settings, since a little blotchiness blends in with the texture
anyway.  That's a very low error_bound setting!!

Is there any media in the scene?  I had a scene a while ago in which I had
allowed interaction between media and radiosity, and some strange things
happened.