POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : any ideas what these black patches are.. : any ideas what these black patches are.. Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:09:56 EDT (-0400)
  any ideas what these black patches are..
From: s day
Date: 13 Mar 2008 06:55:01
Message: <web.47d915fa72169bca7eb3d110@news.povray.org>
Hi,

As I have access to a machine with 8GB memory and 8 cores and not enough time to
create any new POV images for over a year now :-( I have been trying to
re-render one of my old images at very high res.. I have been trying to
generate radiosity stats (save them to a file) at 2625x1750 but the image
contains black patches shown below.

Any ideas what could be causing this.

My current theories are:

max_trace_level (set to 15)

Something to do with the radiosity settings:

    pretrace_start 0.08
    pretrace_end   0.01
    count 500
    nearest_count 20
    error_bound 0.08
    recursion_limit 4
    low_error_factor .9
    gray_threshold 0
    minimum_reuse 0.015
    brightness 0.8
    adc_bailout 0.01/2
    save_file "museum.rad"

Something to do with the amount of memory being used:

1.5GB (VM size 1.93GB)

Any ideas... Also if anyone knows if the radiosity data will still be OK or if I
need to stop the render and restart once the issue is fixed would be good (this
has been running for 11 days so far).

Sean

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: