POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A couple of RSOCPs for your perusal : Re: A couple of RSOCPs for your perusal Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:12:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A couple of RSOCPs for your perusal
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 13 Mar 2008 05:35:00
Message: <web.47d90226e7715b83731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <doc### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Stefan Viljoen wrote:
> > Nice... how the faceted look?
> >
> Of the two, I definitely prefer this one. The facets add a little bit of
>  interest to an otherwise fairly simple scene.
> ... and to ditto Stefan "How did you do the facets?". Knowing your
> coding it will be elegant and useful

Thankyouboth. I too prefer the facets, but I thought it interesting that the
photons with mirrored objects cast light on the floor almost like radiosity.
The smooth version illustrates this better.

For the facets, I actually used the quick-n-dirty mesh approximator that I
posted recently (Called 'Yet more boulders', posted 28th Feb), but with regular
triangles instead of smooth_triangles and a lower resolution parameter, on a
pre#declared sphere.

I'm sure I tried to write a proper discoball generator recently... must see if I
can find it. :)