POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Translucency 3 : Re: Translucency 3 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:10:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Translucency 3
From: Blue Herring
Date: 10 Mar 2008 14:00:02
Message: <web.47d584cd76857e91ce5ce3790@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> I think the shade is looking good. I am however, troubled by the focal blur
> (?) which made me wonder if something was wrong with my eyes. I have trouble
> to see the scene, with the exception of the lamp.

Thanks.  Perhaps I was too aggressive with the blur, I don't use it all that
often.  Or possibly its the scale of the scene, its at 1cm = 1 pov unit.  It
uses the standard POV-Ray focal blur:

#declare Focus = <-30, 120, 170>;

camera {
  location <-50, 150, -50>
  up y
  right x * image_width/image_height
  look_at Focus
  #if(Use_Focal_Blur)
    aperture 9
    blur_samples 400
    focal_point Focus
    confidence 0.91
    variance 1/2000
  #end
}

Part of the reason for the rather high settings was that I was trying to get rid
of that graininess on the mirror border, which it largely failed to do.

-The Mildly Infamous Blue Herring