POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brute force rendering : Re: Brute force rendering Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:13:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brute force rendering
From: sooperFoX
Date: 6 Mar 2008 03:55:00
Message: <web.47cfb0fe6d8b2453943b35b60@news.povray.org>
"sooperFoX" wrote:
> When I did the MLT/PT render that I posted initially the light passed through no
> problems.. since then some setting must have changed. I don't know :)

Just had a look in the settings.. MLT goes up to 100 bounces with a stay-alive
probability of 0.7 (the same termination method yours does, but also with a
hard limit), but PT has a default max of 6!!

Taking it to 20 is enough to get the glass to render transparent. :blush:

OK, now you can get back on topic. Sorry.