POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brute force rendering : Re: Brute force rendering Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:12:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brute force rendering
From: sooperFoX
Date: 6 Mar 2008 03:30:00
Message: <web.47cfaabf6d8b2453943b35b60@news.povray.org>
Severi Salminen wrote:
> W000t! Where can I get my prize? :-)

I haven't rendered it yet :P

> 2. What was the actual color value you specified for the green glass?
> Maybe the glass is so dark that multiple layers simply don't let enough
> light through?

RGB <59, 255, 96> refraction with White 100% reflection also, an IOR of 1.56 and
fresnel falloff.

When I did the MLT/PT render that I posted initially the light passed through no
problems.. since then some setting must have changed. I don't know :)

> 3. My image seems to have less noise on the table and more noise on the
> floor.

That is correct for PT because directly lit surfaces will receive more light and
so smooth out much faster than indirectly lit or occluded (the floor) surfaces.

> So this is not very scientific result. At some point I'll make a better
> test scene and post the dimensions. Or anyone else can do it. Maybe in
> Pov-SDL so we can compare results from it too. And we can keep this even
> remotely on-topic :-)

I wait eagerly both for the chance to do some comparisons with the same data but
also for the time when we can try out your renderer ourselves!

Cheers