POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brute force rendering : Re: Brute force rendering Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brute force rendering
From: sooperFoX
Date: 5 Mar 2008 15:50:00
Message: <web.47cf06f46d8b2453943b35b60@news.povray.org>
"sooperFoX" <bon### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Severi Salminen wrote:
> > You don't have to post the image but it would be interesting to know how
> > quickly Kerkythea renders the same image with pure path tracing to about
> > the same noise levels as my image.
>
> Rendering now on 3 cores across 2 machines.

> We will see :)

Well, here we are. After rendering for 11 hours we have an interesting result -
the black area did not go away! There is still also some noise left.. Your
renderer wins, Severi!

Unless I have just not set it up right. But I think the defaults specify 100
bounces...

I thought I would post the pic anyway so you can see what I'm talking about..

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'kuva11_pt_11h.jpg' (100 KB)

Preview of image 'kuva11_pt_11h.jpg'