POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brute force rendering : Re: Brute force rendering Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:18:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brute force rendering
From: sooperFoX
Date: 5 Mar 2008 04:35:01
Message: <web.47ce687f6d8b2453943b35b60@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Also, could you please test this one? :)
> http://www.winosi.onlinehome.de/Gallery_t14_01.htm

Yes, it seems the creators of Kerkythea knew about that - they included a scene
file of it in the distribution!

Here it is, rendered at 800x600 using its new network rendering feature on 2
threads on a C2D 2.5GHz and 1 thread on an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2.0GHz) for 3
hours and 40 minutes - about 150+150+100 passes in total, using unbiased Path
Tracing. You can see that it is still very noisy, this would not be quite so
noisy with BiPT or MLT.

Now I will try your scene again Severi with just Path Tracing (no MLT). I
already tried it using BiPT overnight (8 hours) and still there was a noisy
black area in the middle of the green glass boxes that was taking a long time
to go away (where they overlap the most).

I'll let you know if it takes more than 3 hours (using the same setup as for the
above WinOSi image) since after 3 hours I'll have to go to bed and leave it to
go for another 7.5 hours!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'illum2_pt_3h_40m.jpg' (110 KB)

Preview of image 'illum2_pt_3h_40m.jpg'
illum2_pt_3h_40m.jpg