POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7 beta Unix/Linux source code now available. : Re: 3.7 beta Unix/Linux source code now available. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7 beta Unix/Linux source code now available.
From: paul
Date: 28 Feb 2008 10:30:00
Message: <web.47c6d25a5980e926f5d6567d0@news.povray.org>
Not sure if this is the right location to post this...

I managed to get it compiled on a quadcore system running Fedora 8, though it
took a while to figure out that I had to configure with the option
"--with-boost-thread=boost_thread-mt"

Test render during compilation worked fine, but when I went to render some old
scenes I had laying around I would  get the message:
"Timed out waiting for worker thread startup"

If I keep running the command it will eventually work, but I generally get the
time out message instead of parsing and rendering.

I decided to try beta binary and got the same thing.

Seems like it should be something simple, but I don't know where to start.

SMP worked fine when it would actually render.

--paul