POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet more boulders : Re: Yet more boulders Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:10:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet more boulders
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 28 Feb 2008 09:20:01
Message: <web.47c6c26de40b9a04731f01d10@news.povray.org>

> > I meant as it traces - the preview is updated almost pixel-by-pixel (I'm sure
> > there's a slight performance hit, but whatever)
>
> Really? :o
>
> Well anyway... A much more accurate benchmark would be using the
> histogram and disabling preview completely :)

Yeah, well, I don't care that much, it's just nice to know roughly what's
slowing things down. :) Anyway, preview is useful, I don't have to wait for a
complete render to see if something worked or not. Displaying the vista
buffer's useful too, sometimes you can see something's wrong even before the
rendering gets to the bit you're interested in...