POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The door at the edge of reality : Re: The door at the edge of reality Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:11:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The door at the edge of reality
From: s day
Date: 27 Feb 2008 18:25:00
Message: <web.47c5f0be9231f3985af1b99c0@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] tektonartcom> wrote:
> This time I'm using real POV media (gasp!).  The metal on the door actually has
> emitting media inside as well to create the glow effect.  I hope you enjoy!

Nice picture, the stone/rock objects/textures look great (are they
isosurfaces?). I like the lighting and door as well, the only thing I am not so
sure of is the texture on the hinges/rivets I think the contrast between the
very black hinges then silver/white rivets is too much.

Nice work though.

Sean