POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Focal blur tricks : Re: Focal blur tricks Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal blur tricks
From: triple r
Date: 25 Feb 2008 01:05:01
Message: <web.47c259a5806ad5e4ae42298f0@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <gitran_nospam_@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Here's a link to Mael's POV-Ray patch with the bokeh feature (and other cool
> stuff)
> http://pov.monde.free.fr/mael/mlpov081.html

Hey thanks!  I'm content with the status quo right now -- which requires
recompiling POV-Ray if I want to change the pattern -- but it's interesting to
see what someone else has done.  Recompiling is really not as much of a pain as
it sounds.  Doesn't need changing too often.  But it seems like the pattern
solution would be useful enough to make it into more than a little-known
patched version now that computers are actually powerful enough to take
advantage of it.  Looks like the current render will take about four hours.
Roughly speaking,

4 hours * (2.4 Ghz/120MHz) * (4 Cores/1 CPU) ~= two weeks (and hard times for
the last computer on which I played with focal blur).

 - Ricky