POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Focal blur tricks : Re: Focal blur tricks Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal blur tricks
From: triple r
Date: 23 Feb 2008 14:10:01
Message: <web.47c06ed1806ad5e4ae42298f0@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <rre### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I think it would require a direct patch into
> POV-Ray to fix the problem.

So with very little effort, here's the result of my patched POV.  It's hardly
fair to call it that since it's only a couple lines and there's no SDL
interface for it.  It just reads a grayscale ppm file and varies the density of
the sample grid according to the image.  You can even tell the difference
without the strong highlights which makes me wonder why the default is a square
aperture.  Not quite sure when that would be preferable, but maybe people don't
use strong focal blur too often.

 - Ricky

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: