POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Focal blur tricks : Re: Focal blur tricks Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal blur tricks
From: triple r
Date: 23 Feb 2008 10:55:01
Message: <web.47c04192806ad5e4ae42298f0@news.povray.org>

> Well I don't think I would attempt it either :) Last time I looked at
> the code, I saw focal blur code was scattered all over POV instead of
> self-contained somewhere... But maybe that was just me.

Turns out it's all right around lines 600-650 in render.cpp.  It's really no so
much a patch as it is a hack, but with minimal effort I've managed to load in a
grayscale image for the aperture.  There's no SDL interface for it, but it does
work without these dirty SDL tricks.  Much easier to control.  I'll post
results when the renders are done.  Turns out the best thing you can do for
render speed is prevent your computer from going to sleep after fifteen
minutes.

 - Ricky