POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TC-RTC entry that missed the submission date : TC-RTC entry that missed the submission date Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  TC-RTC entry that missed the submission date
From: milco2006
Date: 20 Feb 2008 16:45:01
Message: <web.47bc9e97138ba19f4b71cf790@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I realise this is mainly my own stupidity but I managed to think that the TC-RTC
submission date was one week before the end of the competition rather than two,
hence when I went on today and discovered that I couldn't post my image I was
rather dissapointed. However I thought that I might as well let everyone on
here see my image and comment, it just means I can't get voted on! Also I will
comment that I realise the grass is not perfect however this was my mistake as
two of the parameters were accidently wrong when I rendered however it took
ages to render. I may post a corrected version some time soon when it is
sorted.

The topic was in the wilderness so I got thinking:

26th April 1986 saw probably one of the darker days of the last century when due
to the explosion of the chernobyl power plant a whole swathe of eastern Europe
was highly contaminated with nuclear waste. Now more than 20 years later the
nearby town of Prypiat still lies ghostly and uninhabited. This unhospitable,
uninhabited  place however has seen nature flourish around it; hence man formed
a new wilderness through his own irradication. I have tried my best to depict
probably one of the more famous landmarks in Prypiat is the ferris wheel as it
now stands rusting and surrounded by vegetation.

Sorry it wasn't in the competition but hope you enjoy the image.

Malcolm

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'prypiat.jpg' (475 KB)