POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Tower (2) : Re: The Tower (2) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Tower (2)
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 19 Feb 2008 20:00:01
Message: <web.47bb7b0f169c0233af0d79570@news.povray.org>
William Tracy <wtr### [at] calpolyedu> wrote:
> Jim Charter wrote:
> > My one suggestion, the water texture is stopping me.
>
> I think what the water *really* needs is variable reflection.
>
> (Just in case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about:
> http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/348/ )
>
> That much should be only one or two extra lines of code. :-)
>
> --
> William Tracy
> afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

Well, it did have variable reflection, but then of course the clouds were added
in post processing, and so was the reflection of the clouds, which messed it
all up, no doubt.  What I'll have to do is actually add the clouds into the
scene as an image map in the distance, and then the water will reflect it
properly.

The black hole warps are a good idea also--you're right, water is always smooth
in some places and rougher in others.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be putting more work into it...eventually.
Unfortunately, for now I have some catching up to do in other, less interesting
subjects.