POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : They just stare right back (i.e. CG eyes) : They just stare right back (i.e. CG eyes) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  They just stare right back (i.e. CG eyes)
From: Nimish Ajmani
Date: 18 Feb 2008 22:10:00
Message: <web.47ba478482c4a17e835874580@news.povray.org>
Well, the goal is to begin a long project of become a human animator.  And,
seeing as how the eye is one of the most important, and admittingly the most
simple part to program, I thought I'd make a pair of eyes.  This is a result of
a hour's studying, close examination of my own eye, and some simple modeling.  I
put two next to each other to give the idea of actually seeing something.

The brown "eyelids" are only present to show the blinking motion.  They will be
replaced later with a CG model of a human face.  The actual eye is the most
important part here.  Suggestions on improvement, or just comments, are greatly
appreciated.

I used a trignometric function to make the eyes stare at a specific point, in
this case, the camera.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'eye.bmp' (577 KB)