POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Windows povray Executable to POV-Ray source code using MSV studio : Re: Windows povray Executable to POV-Ray source code using MSV studio Server Time
28 Apr 2024 09:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows povray Executable to POV-Ray source code using MSV studio
From: here I am
Date: 18 Feb 2008 05:55:01
Message: <web.47b9634b76e3d8c117829ea60@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "here_I_am" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > human face with its texture and shadow map but that doesn't look any way close
> > to real face I mean that it has plasticity kinda look.
> > And my sole purpose to use Torrance-Sparrow BRDF model is to make this face
> > model somewhat more realistic.But I am not sure how implement that.
>
> you see, you don't know what you're talking about.  Why do you think the
> Torrence-Sparrow BRDF model will help you getting away from the plastic look?
>
> What you really need is a BSSRDF (subsurface scattering).  Look here for the
> comparison:
> http://graphics.ucsd.edu/~henrik/images/imgs/face_brdf.jpg
> http://graphics.ucsd.edu/~henrik/images/imgs/face_bssrdf.jpg
>
> from the man himself, Henrik Wann Jensen, the father of photon mapping and
> subsurface scattering models...

I have been through those paper..and now I understand what I basically want to
do.
Basically I have this rendered model with ray traced and shadow map.
What I want to do next is to find surface interaction with light...the surface
reflectance with Blinn-Phong BRDF model...and as far as I understand I have to
I have use Monte-Carlo integration through out the surface and I am not sure
how to implement that in pov-ray.

Could you please give me a direction??