POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Landscaping again : Re: Landscaping again Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscaping again
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 18 Feb 2008 00:55:01
Message: <web.47b91cc778eb25bcaf0d79570@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sven [] jamaica-focus [] com> wrote:
> Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Not bad at all! I fall in love with this landscape!
> Come, Kirk, tell me how you do this! I need to know!   :-)
>
> Sven

:)  I'm glad you enjoy it!

Really, its not terribly complicated.  A few key components:

1.  Isosurface landscape using wrinkles **poly_wave 4**(very important), bumps,
and cylindrical pigment patterns.
2.  A couple of fog layers for mist and distance
3.  Blurred reflection on the water
4.  Lighting:  light source is near the horizon that is very orange and very
bright.  The skysphere is purple, and ultra-low radiosity settings cast it's
purplish light on the landscape.  Fog settings provide the glow on the horizon.

I like your suggestions:  birds is an idea I hadn't thought of.  People are hard
but perhaps I can add a little primitive village here or there.  Or maybe
ancient ruins of some long-since-gone civilization.