POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Windows povray Executable to POV-Ray source code using MSV studio : Re: Windows povray Executable to POV-Ray source code using MSV studio Server Time
27 Apr 2024 11:39:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows povray Executable to POV-Ray source code using MSV studio
From: nemesis
Date: 17 Feb 2008 05:35:00
Message: <web.47b80d4476e3d8c1f33055780@news.povray.org>
"here_I_am" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> human face with its texture and shadow map but that doesn't look any way close
> to real face I mean that it has plasticity kinda look.
> And my sole purpose to use Torrance-Sparrow BRDF model is to make this face
> model somewhat more realistic.But I am not sure how implement that.

you see, you don't know what you're talking about.  Why do you think the
Torrence-Sparrow BRDF model will help you getting away from the plastic look?

What you really need is a BSSRDF (subsurface scattering).  Look here for the
comparison:
http://graphics.ucsd.edu/~henrik/images/imgs/face_brdf.jpg
http://graphics.ucsd.edu/~henrik/images/imgs/face_bssrdf.jpg

from the man himself, Henrik Wann Jensen, the father of photon mapping and
subsurface scattering models...