POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Windows povray Executable to POV-Ray source code using MSV studio : Re: Windows povray Executable to POV-Ray source code using MSV studio Server Time
28 Apr 2024 00:46:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows povray Executable to POV-Ray source code using MSV studio
From: here I am
Date: 17 Feb 2008 05:05:00
Message: <web.47b806a976e3d8c1b61821680@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "here_I_am" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > I have this scene in .pov format( Earlier it was in .obj), which works well in
> > Windows executable pov-ray but i want to switch over to the povray source code
> > using MSV Studio.SO that I can easily use Torrance - Sparrow BRDF Reflectance
> > Model.
> >
> > Can u suggest me how to do it??
>
> if what you want is to implement "Torrance - Sparrow BRDF Reflectance Model" in
> the povray source code, go ahead.  But my gut feeling is that you're not a
> programmer and doesn't even know what you're talking about or the kind of work
> and challenge involved in making such an implementation.

Well this is undoubtedly true that I am not that gud in ray-tracing right now
but I am trying my best to get into this.

Basically The thing is as of now I've this scene file of a human face along u-v
coordinates and I have done texture mapping over the scene. Hence, the model is
human face with its texture and shadow map but that doesn't look any way close
to real face I mean that it has plasticity kinda look.
And my sole purpose to use Torrance-Sparrow BRDF model is to make this face
model somewhat more realistic.But I am not sure how implement that.

I believe now you've pretty much idea about my situation.So, please give me some
suggestion over it.

Regards

Ran