POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another RSOCP variation : Re: Another RSOCP variation Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another RSOCP variation
From: stm31415
Date: 16 Feb 2008 13:05:01
Message: <web.47b724e77bd7a082296f4ef10@news.povray.org>
Looking good!

You're absolutely right; radiosity just isn't necessary as often as we use it.
With outdoor scenes like this I will sometimes cut it down to three small
lights --- the sun (direct light and shadows), a blue sky-light (for scattered
light from the atmosphere, no shadow) and a light of the predominant color of
the scene (as a super-rough approximation of the first-bounce of radiosity,
again no shadow). If I want a little more realism, I make 'em small area
lights.

-S