POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : examples pictures for my reply to displacement thread on general : Re: examples pictures for my reply to displacement thread on general Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: examples pictures for my reply to displacement thread on general
From: FlaPovFan
Date: 15 Feb 2008 01:45:01
Message: <web.47b534054d0fa8d4d3b1f88e0@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
> here is the real displaced result and the image map used

Thanks, Jim, for the code in the Newsgroups General Section re Freeware
Displacement Mapping and for the image.  I'm glad to be a part of the Pov-Ray
community.

Here's an illustration of the use of Blender displacement mapping.  It was
exported from Blend to Pov-Ray by the Blend2Pov script by C. Ruiz.

It's based on a public domain clip art illustration of an anteater.  The black
and white clip art, when displaced using the image itself as the displacement
map, has the effect of making the image appear to pop up from the page.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'exp1.png' (231 KB)

Preview of image 'exp1.png'