POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tree with lanterns : Re: Tree with lanterns Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tree with lanterns
From: ADK
Date: 15 Feb 2008 01:40:01
Message: <web.47b532bdd13a69368ad3908e0@news.povray.org>
Sorry, just as an add on to this, I tried to make trees manually but, as you can
guess, I failed miserably. I just don't have the patience to manually fit
together cones and spheres...I guess the only solution is the approach used in
the include files I've seen so far, which is to use a loop or a macro and sort
of create small trees attached to larger ones, and just keep doing this till
you get a decent enough size. Only, you have to know how trees grow, for which
I think there's some sort of system (can't remember the name). I just ended up
using spline tree, so thankyou to Andrew, or whoever coded it.