POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 : Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:10:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1
From: fidos
Date: 10 Feb 2008 10:20:00
Message: <web.47af1525dcec6a9f3d753190@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I made some changes to the source, mainly :
- handling of the max_trace recursion separetly of the max diffuse reflexion
limit.
- shoot first pixel with noise.
- use of portals to orientate the ray shoot.

In the following scene, I put a max trace level of 10, a max diffuse reflexion
limit of 3 and 2 portals (one on the glass ball in order to speed up the
caustic resolution and one on the emitting sphere in order to speed up the
smooth shadow resolution).

Any comments wellcome.

Regards,
Fidos.