POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 : Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1
From: fidos
Date: 9 Feb 2008 03:15:00
Message: <web.47ad607fdcec6a9fd79fec90@news.povray.org>
> Not to discourage you but... I think you should try not to add many
> features for now. The more features you add, the harder it might be to
> merge with 3.7 codebase, which should be out "soon". One thing you could
> concentrate on is making sure everything is thread-safe.
For the moment, for me, it is more experiment and anderstanding of brute force
rendering. The code that I use is thread-safe because I used it in a small full
multithreaded renderer that I wrote for easier experiment. But you are right
that a part of the job will be lost when the PovRay 3.7 code will be release.