POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : waste of time source and bezier curves zipped : Re: waste of time source and bezier curves zipped Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:26:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: waste of time source and bezier curves zipped
From: Kenneth
Date: 8 Feb 2008 11:10:00
Message: <web.47ac7db95ed22bb078dcad930@news.povray.org>

> Inkscape is good at making SVG files. And that's it. If you want a
> POV-Ray spline editor, you really should 1) write your own (you're doing
> quite good), or 2) search for some other *dedicated* program.
>
> Like this one, with realtime preview and all.
> http://www.2writers.com/Eddie/LatheSor.htm

Here's another:  SpilinEditor (yes, that's the correct spelling)

http://www.flashnet.it/users/fn027571/spil/main.html

Made specifically for POV-Ray, exports cubic_splines.

I don't use it very often, so I can't say for certain whether it produces any of
the problems mentioned so far.

I use it on my older Win98SE machine (good ol' Win98SE--still a workhorse);
haven't tried it yet on my newer WinXP box.

Ken W.