POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I call it "Greener" : I call it "Greener" Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:14:02 EDT (-0400)
  I call it "Greener"
From: ADK
Date: 7 Feb 2008 21:20:00
Message: <web.47abbb44a55cc8942531d8060@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Well, another attempt to create something. It started out as just a chain, then
a chain wrapped around two poles using spline transform (very useful!), and
eventually ended up as this. Used meshes initially for the grass, but for some
reason 16 million blades of grass were still being parsed an hour later...so I
used heightfields instead by using white spraypaint on a black background and
scaling vertically by a lot.

Any recommendations, suggestions, criticisms?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'greener.jpg' (422 KB)

Preview of image 'greener.jpg'