POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 : Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1
From: nemesis
Date: 7 Feb 2008 17:50:00
Message: <web.47ab8ae2dcec6a9f5b359dfa0@news.povray.org>
"binarycortex" <bin### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> All of these renders you are doing are fantastic.

a render is only as fantastic as the scene it depicts...

> Would it be possible to get a
> windows binary from you to play with. I have a chess set that I created and I
> would love to see it using this, even if it takes a few days of rendering. :)

why not first play with light_source fade_power, light_source area_light and
radiosity?  as well as camera aperture?

> p.s. Attached is a sample of my chess set. By the way, does anyone know how I
> get it included as a sample in the next version of POV-Ray. :D

I think there is already a chess set in the examples.  It's one of the first
things every povray geek does after the RSOCP... ;)