POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : another kaleidoscope : Re: another kaleidoscope Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: another kaleidoscope
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 7 Feb 2008 09:55:01
Message: <web.47ab1aa73437b596e2b2e7080@news.povray.org>
"Russell Towle" <rto### [at] inreachcom> wrote:
> Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> wrote:
>
> > The image is just *asking* for a looped rotation animation :)
>

> soon. In fact, I am rendering yet another animation even now. But with only
> dial-up I have to burn the longer animations to CD and haul them thirty miles
> to a friend who has broadband, for upload. May take a while, I'm snowed in,
> seriously snowed in. But see
>
> http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=rufus16180339887
>
> for some animations, mostly done in POV-Ray.
>
> --Russell Towle

Nifty work.  I particularly like the changes in viewpoint in which is looking at
a traditional kaleidoscopic image one moment then observing the "mechanism" for
generating it the next.

BTW, what software are you using to deal with the soundtrack portion of the
animation? Is the music your own composition?  I quite like it in any case.

Good luck on dealing with the snow.  I suppose that I should stop complaining
about the six inches worth I had to drive through to get to work.  ;-)

Best Regards,
Mike C.