POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tropical Musing : Re: Tropical Musing Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tropical Musing
From: FlaPovFan
Date: 5 Feb 2008 13:50:01
Message: <web.47a8aeae6b73f3cdd3b1f88e0@news.povray.org>
"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> "FlaPovFan" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > The fronds were modelled in Anim8or.  I think it has most of the capabilities of
> > Wings3d, and seems even more intuitive.  Exported as 3ds file from the modeller,
> > and converted to POV SDL by PoseRay.
>
> Been pondering this direction since day one but I have not acheived the sandy
> beach. yet.

This is my final shot at the image.

Thanks again, Leef me, for the constructive criticism about the texture of the
trunk.  It's changed back to the original.  The reason it was changed in the
first place was a problem I was having using TomTree.inc.

The beach sand is based on a texture published in the Newsgroups by Thomas De
Groot in October, 2005.  The island shape is just a heightfield.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tropical island scene 3.png' (497 KB)

Preview of image 'tropical island scene 3.png'
tropical island scene 3.png